View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 12:08 PM   #8
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
It would probably be more useful to have a poll for Aura One owners with:
1) I'm happy with the battery performance.
2) I think there's something wrong with my battery.

That would be much more illuminating.
I agree with that, but it could be misleading too. There seems to have been at least a few people caught in sync that was eating battery (even when sleeping) that is a firmware issue rather than hardware. And from what I'm seeing, the battery life IS shorter than the previous devices (which would be expected based on the published marketing specs being 1/2 the life). I read about 8 hours yesterday, light at 50%, and downloaded a bunch of stuff and I'm at about 50%. No drain during sleep. I'd call this a design decision rather than a battery problem.

If we're trying to decide if it's an issue with the battery on some of the devices I think we need to get some idea how much and what type of use and firmware version rather than whether people are happy with the battery life (which is a different and more subjective issue). For my use I'm happy with the current battery. I think it's a reasonable trade-off of weight versus battery life. I'm sure there are others that will want a longer life.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote