View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #12
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Paperwhite Signature
Dogland finally made it to the top of my reading pile and I really enjoyed it, but I'm having some trouble figuring out who everybody is. I was hoping to swap ideas with people here...

This can be considered spoiler-ish I suppose, so don't go further if you care about that.

I think:

Artie Drake = King Arthur
Maggie DeLyons = descendant of Ponce de Leon
Nick Lumiere = Lucifer
3 "circus" visitors = Norse gods
Johnny Tepes = Launcelot?

But I can't figure out wh0 many of the characters represent, eg:

-Joe and Mary with the three-legged dog, and whose son has left
-Ethorne Hawkins who is possibly very long-lived
-the three children Chris, Little Bit and Digger who were born under strange circumstances and might be special (drunk man claims to be Chris' father at the hospital, birds present at Little Bit's birth and she talks to animals and God, Digger was born at Mardi Gras accompanied by a green woman and satyr)
- Gideon the ex-drunk, evangelist
- the French and British tourist visitors to Dogland

Any ideas out there?
radius is offline   Reply With Quote