View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
pdf images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnevmir View Post
Hello,

I am considering buying DR1000, but since 700 euro is rather big investment for me, I need to check whether it really matches my needs. I would like to kindly ask someone who already owns the device to try to view enclosed sample files (similar content, processed in three different ways) and tell me what is the result, most importantly, what is the refresh rate when turning pages.

(I own large library of scientific books that I want to scan and carry around in an e-reader device. I prefer scanning to images, so if you know that some device would be better in this regard than DR1000, but would not at the same time significantly constrain readibility due to its smaller screen, please tell me.)

Thank you
My Iphone camera does not do it justice but book 1 and 2 are scanned in greyscale so thay come out a little washed while 3 is actual text and looks nice and black on the screen (plus is a lot faster)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0057.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	449.5 KB
ID:	22107   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0058.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	447.1 KB
ID:	22108  
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote