View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 10:37 AM   #24313
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A bit behind on updating my reading progress, because I've been away. Books read recently are:

"Break No Bones", by Kathy Reichs. The 9th book in the Temperance Brennan Series about a forensic anthropologist. In this one, Temperance undercovers a series of murders in South Carolina while filling in for a sick colleague. Very good.

"Hell's Faire", by John Ringo. The 4th book in the "Posleen War" series, completing the main story arc. Good military SF. Recommended.

"City of the Horizon", by Anton Gill. The first book in a detective series set in Ancient Egypt. The scribe Huy is banned from practising his profession following the turmoil that results from the death of the "heretic" king Akhenaten, whose administration Huy had worked for, so, as a favour for an old friend, he investigates some mysterious happening that have befallen the friend. Very enjoyable and (I'm happy to say) the author has done his research well about the time period. Both accurate and enjoyable. Again recommended, and I look forward to reading additional books in the series.

"E.Godz", by Robert Asprin and Esther Friesner. Fun fantasy from Baen, bought in 2003. Edwina Godz, owner of a successful magic business, sets her two recalcitrant children a challenge to decide which one of them should inherit the family business. Not very taxing, but an enjoyable light-hearted read.

"Bones to Ashes", by Kathy Reichs. The 10th book in the Temperance Brennan series. In this one, the discovery of a girl's skeleton in Canada reawakens the memory of a childhood friend who disappeared. Could the two events possibly be connected? A good read, but to my mind slightly below the standard of the rest of this excellent series that I've read thus far.

"Future Imperfect", by Keith Laumer. The next instalment of the complete works of Keith Laumer, edited as always be Eric Flint. This volume contains his dystopian stories and novels. Excellent - I always enjoy Keith Laumer's books and this one is no exception.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote