View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 07:16 PM   #24312
HudsonSpike
HudsonSpike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD10
Just started Amerika by Paul Lally and it looks like a good summer read made for the currrent heatwave we're in. From the blurb:

Quote:
It’s December 8, 1941… The day after Pearl Harbor… The Nazis have the A-bomb… We don’t. Washington D.C. and Manhattan disappear beneath nuclear mushroom clouds. Stripped of its congress, judicial and executive branches, the United States is a fractured, frantic shell of its former self; each state, a world unto its own. Germany threatens further attacks on major American cities like Chicago, Miami and Pittsburgh. To save countless innocent civilian lives, Secretary of Labor Frances Perkins, sole survivor of FDR's cabinet and America's first woman president, bends to Adolf Hitler’s neutrality demand. Powerless and impotent, America watches from the sidelines while Europe and Asia go up in flames...
Think 1940s. All the people I met from that era swear WW-2 wasn't as cut and dry as we've been told so that word picture gives me the shivers. I HAD to read this one.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25094523-amerika
HudsonSpike is offline   Reply With Quote