View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 11:06 PM   #21
pwalker8
Wizard
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Yes, you need a registered Kindle, otherwise Amazon won't sale to you. The DRM is tied to a specific device. I don't think you can buy from Sony without a Sony reader either, for that matter.

As far as I know, there is no way to know up front if a book has DRM or not. Older books seem to be more likely to not have DRM. I guess you could download the sample of the book and see if that has DRM. I haven't tried that personally, but it's something to try.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote