View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #69
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Actually, the US Presidential oath of office doesn't include any mention of god:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

However, many presidents have added "So help me God" afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
isn't that the point being made ? i would think that the US justice system is a clear example of an organisation which should be secular. i also am a bit shocked that a judge would refer to god, that god is mentioned in the presidential oath, etc. even from over here it is clear that there is a very strong religious (christian) bias in the US.