View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #58
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I'm simply making the point that epub (or any software solution) does not resolve the issue of making formatted books look nice on an e-reader. The real problem is that the screens are too small, and when the screens are bigger then PDF will probably be answer and not epub.

I really enjoy your posts Zelda, but I fail to see why you think my response is off topic. Maybe your emotionally invested in epub? This I can understand.
well, i think your post is a bit off topic because you are talking about screens being too small ; but as you recognise yourself, that has nothing to do with any ebook format, including epub.

as for making formatted books look nice, as long as we are not talking about screen size, the css support in epub should allow you to make very nice looking texts, on the contrary ; however, you are right, epub will not help you with poetry formatting if lines are too long for the screen. but again, that's not really anything to do with epub.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote