View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 10:48 AM   #4
Fitzwaryn
Connoisseur
Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fitzwaryn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angielyons69
Hey, was looking for a good ebook reader and found this site:

http://www.bookeen.com/Cybook/ebook-...x?selectionm=0

A little pricey, but it is i color and has Wi-Fi capabilities.
I got tired of waiting for the Sony Reader and there are many documents, especially PDFs with images and maps that would never be readable on the small screens of systems like the Iliad or the Sony so I got one of the Ebooks.

I've been VERY pleased with it. It handles a wide range of formats like pdbs, PDFs. It will display pretty much everythign except .lit format.

(I don't even use my Ebookwise anymore and my fiancee has appropriated it for her own use.)

The screen is large and easily readable and while I ordered it with the wireless I never use that. It has a 256mb pcm/cia card that I just plug that into my laptop and simply copy files to like a hard drive. Then I can plug it back into the Ebook, copy the file into memory and then pull the card to lower the power usage.

With the contrast turned down a bit you still get excellant screen quality and sveral hours of battery life. I commonly use it for 2-3 hours sitting in an office waiting. I got two power supplies. one for the office and one for home. I keep one by the bed and I just plug it in when I'm reading.

No it's not as portable and light as the Sony or the Iliad or my Ebookwise and like any lcd screen it does poorly in sunlight or outside, but it has features they don't which make it a good buy.

I'll still buy the Sony Reader or something similar when available for my casual reading but with the large color screen and the pdf capability the Bookeen Ebook is a wonderful adjunct to an E-Ink device.

Bottom line is that even once I get a Sony Reader of comparable device, I'm quite certain I'll continue to use the Ebook regularly.
Fitzwaryn is offline   Reply With Quote