View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 06:06 AM   #24088
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A couple of books recently finished:

"Star Man's Son", by Andre Norton. This is the first half of the "Darkness and Dawn" Baen omnibus which I bought in 2003, and is a post-apocalypic novel set 300 years after a devastating nuclear war, telling the story of a young man's travels from his mountain tribe into the outside world, and the adventures that befall him. I'm not particularly a fan of Norton - her books are rather formulaic - but I quite enjoyed this one.

"Silhouette in Scarlet", by Elizabeth Peters. The third book in the "Vicky Bliss" series. In this one, Vicky travels to Sweden and gets embroiled in a search for buried treasure. Hugely enjoyable nonsense, and highly recommended.

That's 50 books for the year now, so well on track for my usual 100 books a year goal.

Last edited by HarryT; 05-24-2016 at 06:09 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote