View Single Post
Old 06-13-2003, 10:03 AM   #42
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Hi Kids,

I'm just catching up on the board after having been away for awhile, so I was unaware of this development.

I'm on another board which used the same "method" to foster participation. As a matter of fact, it became the largest thread on the board! The major difference was that the mods there have been basically harrassing users by watching their post numbers and deleting them after a certain period of inactivity -- despite outcries from most of the users, particularly the active ones. Now everyone's in a state of general fear about losing their privies, and some have said that they're receiving periodic nastygrams about lack of usage.

That said, not to scare anyone, but to draw a comparison. I can proudly say that Alex and all the mods here are, quite frankly, push-overs. What I sense is going on -- with legitimately no insight since I've been inactive myself -- is that Alex is simply trying to foster said participation and get some user input into what is going to make people want to be active.

Have no fear. Post what you like. Just make sure you're having fun!

sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote