View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Unfortunately, this is complicated and completely out of CC's control. The reader apps are getting the metadata from inside the book. The only way for the app to see the right metadata is to store that metadata into the book. That is calibre's job. You need to do the right magic.

For PDFs, there are three ways to get metadata into the book: exporting the book using calibre's send-to-device (CC's wireless device connection), exporting the book using calibre's save-to-disk function, and using calibre's "embed metadata" function. If you use CC's cloud connection or content server connection then the only choice is the last one, embed metadata, before transferring the book to CC.

Once the metadata is inside the book file and that book file is on your device then it is up to the reader app to extract it. I never use PDF so I cannot say which reader apps do the job and which do not.

This thread has some information on embed metadata.

Note that you might need to customize calibre (Preferences / Toolbars) to make the embed metadata command available.

If you have questions or problems with the embed metadata command, ask on the calibre forum. I never use it, so I can't be of much help.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote