View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 09:15 PM   #10
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleven4ever View Post
I've opened my Glo, unscrewed the device from the bezel (4 screws on the bottom+1 on the right) and cleaned the red (IR) surface under the frame carefully with the cotton stick, soaked with my best perfume :-)
You actually managed it, that's great...

I have two defective Glos here (bought them this way), one has a broken display but working touch, the other with intact display but completely non-functional touch; switching boards did not restore touch functionality (I was suspecting IR emitter/sensor gone bad). There is nothing wrong with the bezel/IR optic part as I can see...

The bezel is actually glued all around onto the display for me (similar to H2O even though it's not supposed to be waterproof), I did not dare take it off for the device with the intact display, too scared I might damage it in the process. I only need it for development/testing, not actual reading, and touch is optional for that so I'd rather keep the intact display than risk it.

Darn glue every where...
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote