View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 12:45 AM   #88
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
I've been using a first generation WASD Keyboard with Cherry Browns for several years, and it's been a great keyboard. I love typing on it, and it's great for playing games, too. The quality of this keyboard is top notch. Even the custom printed key-caps show very little wear. I don't anticipate buying a new keyboard for at least another decade.
Thanks. I actually still have some monstrously long-lasting non-ergo kb's myself. But I passed being able to type on a non-ergo about...4-5 years ago? Cap may actually remember better than I, when I decided to go Ergo in shape...I've blown through at least 10 kb's since he was working with some of my clients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
It depends on how they're printed. Some backlit keyboards use keycaps that simply cut a hole in the printing for light to shine through the letters, and these will wear out sooner or later, especially if it's a poor quality keyboard. You can see some examples of wear about half-way down the following page:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=52440.0
Oh, yeah. Nope, I don't need any more like that. It already looks like the Keyboard Graveyard here...where perfectly healthy keyboards go to die. Somewhere, little baby keyboards are told the scary story of the keyboard Boogeyman, and what happens to them if they aren't good little keyboards.

:-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote