View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 11:57 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDR View Post
Hello and Thank you very much to both of you, Theducks and Chaley.
I am trying the process described by Theducks and have cleared my library on the tablet, as well as the references to it in the parameters of CC.
What do you mean by "cleared my library on the tablet"? Did you delete all the book files? Did you reinitialize CC so that it shows no books?
Quote:
I've then connected the tablet as Wireless device, after having started the wireless connexion in the Main Calibre menu (on the PC).

An icon appears in the main menu (next tothe library icon) showing my device.

You tell me then to let Calibre do a Sync scan. How do I do this ?I can not find a place with such a menu. Is this dona automatically ? If yes, how do I know it has been done properly, so that I can proceed to next step ?
Having the device icon appear is good. That means that the connection worked. When CC stops showing various connection messages, CC and calibre are ready to talk to each other.

If you initialized CC and deleted all the book files from the tablet then at this point you should see something like the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	147460

The "Disconnect" menu item should be there (the item pointed at by the red arrow), and (as shown) you should see no books. If you tap the "Device" button in calibre you should see no books.

Now tap the Library button in calibre. You should see your PDFs. There will be an "On Device" column that is empty.

Select 2 or 3 books, then tap the "Send to device" button in calibre. CC will show progress messages. Calibre will show that there is a "Job" running. When the books are sent, calibre will show a green check mark next to the books. CC will show the books. The title you see in CC should be exactly the same as the title you see in calibre.

If we are OK at this point -- the metadata in CC is correct -- then select more books and send them to CC.

From this point on, whenever you connect CC to caliber as a wireless device, CC and calibre will cooperate to update the metadata for the books. That means that if you change a title or an author in calibre then that information will automatically change in CC next time you connect.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote