View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 06:11 PM   #76
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Holy mother of crap.
URGHGHG.
Don't get me started on keyboards. My old Latitude had a great keyboard: same layout as the Thinkpads of the day. It had an insert/del, home/end, pgup/pgdn keyblock on the top right. When using that laptop, I didn't need to think of the fact that I was on a laptop; it just worked. It didn't have a numpad but OK; none of the (at the time) 15.4 inch notebooks did.

Now, all laptops have the weirdest layouts. Lenovo shot it's Thinkpad keyboards and clickpads to hell in both tactile feel and layout. Dell kept good keyboards, but shot the layout; now they have Home/End located ON the left/right arrow key, and thus require FN to be pressed to use it. PgUp and PgDn are now located to the left and right of the UP arrow key. They also removed the dedicated volume controls, and moved the brightness controls.

I'm constantly hitting the wrong keys on this notebook when I need Home/End, or PgUp/PgDn... but the sad part is that of all the business notebooks that have the features I want them to have, this one has the BEST keyboard. All the others are even crappier.

I wonder why manufactures are always jackassing with the keyboard layouts on notebooks.

Hell, they even jackass around with layouts on desktop keyboards, and that's just plain idiotic.

Can you get your hands on a WASD Code keyboard? I have one, with the heaviest clicking switch available (Cherry MX Green), and I like it a lot.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote