View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 01:14 PM   #47
LJJohnson
Groupie
LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: -- Home is where the RV stops (Texas ~6 months/year)
Device: Kindle Fire HDX, Fire HD, Paperwhite,Android & Windpws phones
I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with NoiseTrade.com, but it works like this. Artists post their music on the site (anything from 1 song to albums to compilations to sometimes even multiple albums). Users can listen to any or all of the songs before downloading. If you chose to download, you must give your name and email. In return, the artist gets your email. Each time you chose to download, a donation is requested, but never required.

I have been subscribed to this site for a couple of years, and I have never had an artist abuse the right to send me email. I have to cancel more mailing lists now since I'm stuck with 50 - 150kByte download speed so streaming is problematic, and I generally download, then listen (and don't always like it <g>). I have never had a problem canceling from the artist's mailing list, so it seems a small price to pay.

Anyway, every once in a while I run into a real gem (IMHO), and found one today at http://noisetrade.com/meandmolly/ep. The EP has 4 songs from Me and Molly, and they really impressed me. Think Civil Wars, but a lot happier songs. Folk/Americana, IOW.
LJJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote