View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #1
magicjj
magicjj began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone (Stanza)
Calibre with Stanza

I just started playing with Calibre to convert some of my PDFs for reading on my iPhone using Stanza. It works great, but I have one very large complaint. Calibre is putting a page break at the bottom of each actual PDF page. This is not convenient by any means. While doing this, it counts each page as a chapter and, as a result, it doesn't try to create a table of contents. When using Stanza I cannot skip from chapter to chapter using the TOC menu, and since each PDF page is only about 3 "Stanza pages" long I can't use the slider to navigate the book. I have to continuously tap forward or backward to navigate, and wait for the new "section" (a single PDF page) to load about every 3 taps. It's very time consuming.

Not only is it time consuming, it's just dreadfully annoying having to wait for the page to load every three taps.

I just want the sections split at chapters, not at page breaks in the PDFs. Is this possible? I know a lot of people use Calibre with Stanza and love it, so hopefully there is some work-around that somebody knows of. I like how Calibre formats my books much better than Stanza Desktop, and love how it creates a Stanza catalog, but I'm not sure if these features are worth crippling my ability to navigate my documents.

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!
magicjj is offline   Reply With Quote