View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #3
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
There is no real reason to use makeinstaller if you are building yourself.

It's purpose is to create a fully redistributable "frozen" version which can be installed by anyone -- even if they don't have python3, Qt5, etc. -- and installs into /opt
Yes, I understand that. But it's useful to me because in our shop I have three linux boxes, all Kubuntu Trusty, on which I want to deploy Sigil. Packaging it up --even a quick and dirty package via checkinstall-- would mean I don't have to maintain the build environment on each of the three machines.

From DiapDealer's post, it looks like I don't have some of the dependencies I'd need anyway, so for now I will just do the separate builds.

Thanks for the information!

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote