View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 01:36 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoBoKoP View Post
I don't have a serial connection available.
The device was indeed running the main OS before I rebooted.
I mounted p2 to /tmp/m and ran `# (cd /tmp/m/opt/factory/ && ./system_diags)`
I did change stuff using the S) S) menu.
When I did, I remember seeing S/N and MAC address values being "undefined" or something like that (the actual values were gone).
That's when I rebooted.
Hmm...
That is a compiled program on mine, so I can't easily see what S) S) menu is all about.
What is S) S) menu in words?
What firmware version where you running when you broke it?

= = = = =

At a rough guess based on the strings in that compiled program, it looks like something that should only have been run from the initramfs system (I.E: with most of the hardware not in use).

I need the firmware version to be sure I am looking at the same system_diags program.
Perhaps I can learn more by running it under emulation (off of my Kindle).

It does look like you are going to need serial port access.
See the sticky thread about adding serial port access (you aren't going to do the jailbreak, just the serial port access addition part).
If without soldering skills, there are several threads here about making the serial port connection without hot soldering.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote