View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 04:50 PM   #40
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^My reading challenges make some books a bit expensive. I'm not sure how I'm going to achieve my target next year given that a couple of the books are probably $30CDN. I'm hoping inter-library loans can pull me through. I'll be starting my requests in about two weeks for the ugly ones on the list.
I definitely used the library and particularly Inter-Library Loan to make sure that I got to read the books that I wanted to help me meet my secondary challenge goals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
2. I also have a NOOK HD+ where I alternate between books in my Kobo and B&N Libraries. This is my favorite ebook reader and I save it for the times when I'm deliberately reading, rather than when I'm reading during a "found" moment. (Currently reading Fortune's Favorites, the third book in the Masters of Rome series by Colleen McCullough.)
The only thing I *read* on a tablet are those books that are highly graphical and/or require color. Otherwise, I find that the other apps on the tablet are too much of a temptation. I stick with my eInk readers when I want to READ instead of play.
Quote:
3. For when I'm eating lunch (we all read when we eat alone, right?)
Doesn't everyone?
Quote:
I do try to make all the books different, so that if I'm in the mood for something in particular, or not in the mood for something I've started, I can read something else without starting something new.
I know that some people have trouble reading more than one book at a time. That's not a problem for me as long as I make sure the books are different in genre and style. Otherwise, I can get confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Not at all. I have a long-term plan is to reduce my TBR to about six months of reading. In my case, that means down to about 100 books.
If I include all the freebies that I've picked up over time as well as the classics I've downloaded from the MR library, I can't live long enough to reduce my TBR to 100 books.

I'm still thinking about my 2016 goals. Definitely going to drop my book goal a little bit. It's been too stressful trying to keep up with the big goal I set for 2015. I've blown out my page goal (50K) but making the book goal (200) is still uncertain.

I liked the Eclectic Book challenge that I joined in 2015, so I'm pretty sure I'll pick up a similar challenge for next year.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote