View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 01:00 PM   #36
Andie Luke
Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.Andie Luke has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Kobo H2O
Possibly going through my TBR list

I'm still trying to decide what my challenge would be, but most likely it will be to go through my TBR list, mainly consisting of psychology and business books and my backlogged HBR and Inc. subscriptions.

I've been reading mainly 'fluffy' books the past year as I went through chemo. I like reading novels as e-books and reference books as hardcopies, and those e-books were definitely easier to read while laying in bed

I've also been wanting to expand genres. Space opera comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Steal away! I have a huge fondness for Japanese culture and language. The only reason I have no Murakami on the list is because I've read them all. I expanded out into a few Chinese books last year, but they just didn't have the same flavor.
Have you read Mo Yan's The Red Sorghum? Granted it's not the same flavor as Murakami though. I read it in college in conjunction with Ha Jin's Waiting and both left a deep impression. It was an interesting and brilliant choice by the professor to assign both books at the same time as both touch on complex human relationships (very easy reads though), but tell them in such different ways.

Reading The Red Sorghum was like a roaring thunderstorm, while Waiting was like a gentle river in pacing. I wasn't surprised when Mo Yan was named Nobel laureate recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
If anything, I should be cutting back and doing some writing, instead.
.... I should probably do the same haha....

Last edited by Andie Luke; 12-06-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Andie Luke is offline   Reply With Quote