View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 11:15 AM   #33
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I am intrigued. Care to elaborate?
Oh, it's not that interesting. I was going to elaborate in my first post, but it was so boring (even to me!) that I quit.

Basically, every time I get a new device I set up a scheme for what books to read on it and the circumstances where I'll use it over some other reading device.

1. I have two e-ink readers, a Kindle K3 and a Sony T1. These used to be my light reading at home, but I've gotten addicted to a couple of iPhone games and haven't been reading them. Now I keep whichever one I am reading in my purse and I alternate between reading my oldest bought Kindle book or one of the books I bought from the Sony Reader store, back when there was a Sony Reader store. (Currently reading His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novick.)

2. I also have a NOOK HD+ where I alternate between books in my Kobo and B&N Libraries. This is my favorite ebook reader and I save it for the times when I'm deliberately reading, rather than when I'm reading during a "found" moment. (Currently reading Fortune's Favorites, the third book in the Masters of Rome series by Colleen McCullough.)

3. For when I'm eating lunch (we all read when we eat alone, right?) I tend to read cozy mystery or other "light and fluffy" books. I like to break up series with books in between, so that the books don't all blur together. I was reading the Mrs. Murphy books by Rita Mae Brown (alternating with the Fool's Gold series by Susan Mallery), but I just finished the next to last book and still am not sure what cozy mystery I want to pick up next. (Currently reading The Spy Wore Blue by Shana Galen)

4. Work issued me a smart phone and I found that syncing with most of my other libraries doesn't work well. So of course I have set up a system for it. Here I rotate through four libraries: Baen, Smashwords, Discover a New Love and Kindle Unlimited. (Currently reading Utterly Charming by Kristine Grayson.)

I do try to make all the books different, so that if I'm in the mood for something in particular, or not in the mood for something I've started, I can read something else without starting something new.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote