View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
I copy /paste my answer from another thread on exactly the same subject started at about the same time (might be worth putting the two threads together)

I personnally believe editors do not hate eBooks, but they're definitly scared of their books getting copied on the web if they come out. Sevreal ways to control this, they believe, is to put on DRMs and to charge a lot so that only the "good" people will prurchase them (it's a well known idiocy to believe that because you have money you're honest...) and so they can recoup the losses that will be incurred by copying.

I think one thing that might help hugely would be to make editors aware that illegal sharing of their books has started long before the first ebook reader ever came out. I don't think they're aware there are some people out there who will quite happily take the time to entirely scan/OCR/Correct hundreds of volumes. Perhaps once they realise piracy is already there (AND HAS BARELY AFFECTED THEIR SALES, OR THEY WOULD HAVE NOTICED BY NOW!), they'll stop peeing in theit pants every time the "e" word comes out.
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote