View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 09:40 AM   #17
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
In order run KindleGen, you only need the kindlegen binary, which comes with KindlePreviewer and is also available as a separate download. kindlegen itself doesn't require Java; it's only needed for KindlePreviewer

By default the Plugin looks for the KindleGen binary (kindlegen) in:

Code:
/Applications/Kindle Previewer.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/kindlegen
Of course the kindlegen binary can be in any folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrixxxxxxxx View Post
I then uninstalled the plugin, and moved the zip file to its final resting place (in a folder in the Applications folder, rather than in the downloads folder) and reinstalled it, but now I can't get it to run.
The plugin zip file doesn't contain the kindlegen binary. You can delete it from your Mac after you've installed the plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrixxxxxxxx View Post
Plugins-->Output-->KindleGen brings up the Plugin Runner window as it should. Clicking Start brings up the window (I notice the "Application" menu at the top of the screen changes from Sigil to Python) the to select the Kindlegen location (I want to select the Kindlegen_v0.2.2.zip file here, correct, or am I being an idiot?).
No, you'll need to select a file called kindlegen (without any extensions), which should be in /Applications/Kindle Previewer.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/kindlegen if you've installed Kindle Previewer in the default folder.

I'd recommend the following:

1. Select Plugins > Manage Plugins and delete the Kindlegen plugin and reinstall it.

2. Download the standalone OSX kindlegen version and unzip it to a folder of your choice.
(You only need to extract one file: kindlegen.)

3. Run the KindleGen plugin and select the kindlegen file that you extracted in step 2.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote