View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #9
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
mtravellerh's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,615
Karma: 1620342
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Device: PB360
I always use Html files as source files myself. But I am coming from a different point of view as I do (or rather did) first and foremost Mobi books. And you are perfectly right: <pre> is not very well supported at all by mobi. I make my htmls as simple as possible, using mostly only header and paragraph texts. If I need special formatting, I use breaks, aligns, bigger and smaller fonts. These 3 work fine with all formats and keep it simple.

I avoid BD for the same reason Nick does. BD tends to play around with my perfectly good HTML code.

I used to create a mobi file first and then LRF and IMP by importing that PRC file into Calibre and Mobi2IMP. I have changed that method somewhat now by using my HTML source file with Calibre and thus creating LRF and Epub, because epubs are easier and better to create that way.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote