Originally Posted by kovidgoyal
This plugin is identical to the built in lit metadata plugin. If that is failing to pick up metadata, this will too.
The problem is, the built in lit plugin will get the metadata from my file, but if I disable it, and add this one, nothing happens. There's no error when adding at the command line, but no metadata come through.
I deliberately started with the same setup as your current lit metadata code. I figured once I can get that running as my own plugin, then I can work on customizing it. My first step was just to make sure I could get the plugin running at all.