View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I wonder... If anyone has tried any of my Goya series in anything other than the Cybook, how is the quality? The Cybook is good enough to see the pictures as a whole, but much of the detail is lost, I guess 4 shades of grey is not enough, but the dithering helps a lot in making it look fine. How does it look with 8 or 16 grey levels? Can you see the shape in the back of number 4, for example?
This may not really be the kind of response you had in mind, but it may help.

Ok, I converted the (large) .prc to .imp for the eBookwise 1150 which can handle 16 shades of gray (320x480) and the images are a bit washed. However, I think the original images may have been so as well. If you have access to the free imp viewer.exe (part of eBook Publisher), you can see for yourself with the attached EBW1150 .imp (first 5 pages only). A copy of the extracted image on page 4 is attached as well (I can't see a "shape" in the back).

I also converted this .prc to the colour 480x640 REB1200 .imp my reader uses and, other than the title page with Goya's picture, all the images appear "on par" with the EBW1150 .imp quality.
This work is in the Canadian public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. It may still be under copyright in some countries. If you live outside Canada, check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	record-9.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	20399  
Attached Files
File Type: imp Goya, Francisco - Caprichos_first 5 pages only.imp (749.4 KB, 155 views)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote