View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #32
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The main reason people give for not wanting a frontlit reader is that the light diffuser somewhat lowers the screen contrast, by interposing an additional layer between the text and the reader. That's a valid argument, to be sure.

However, by buying a reader with a frontlight and then turning the light off, you're in the worst of both worlds - you still have the light diffuser reducing the contrast, but you no longer have the light to improve it again. It just seems crazy to me . Either buy a device without a light diffuser, or buy an illuminated reader and use the light for what it's there for!
To me the Paperwhite fonts are both darker and crisper sans the light. Yes, the diffuser is still there, but there is a big difference when it is lit up vs not in use. You would see the difference and understand what I'm saying if you saw a Paperwhite with the light off. I think those with perfect vision might not really care, but my vision is not what it was 20 years ago, and even small difference in print/e-ink quality matter to me.
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote