View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by miki View Post
Please rate this thread if you think my review was useful! It would also be great if you let me know what you think of my feature wishlist (esp. as regards sequential files).
I liked the review.

Personally I think the answer to sequential files is zip and CBZ support. Dealing with a whole directory full of loose files is problematic IMHO. Since you are reading work in progress I can see your point but for most of us something like ePUB with is a zipped set of xhtml files is a better way to go. CBZ is the same only for images instead of xhtml files. Using just a raw zip file with html files in it along with appropriate images etc. would be quite useful, particularly if a TOC could be generated on the fly with one entry for each file. This is close to your folder idea and probably both could be implemented in the same fashion if you assume a folder only holds one book. CBZ uses file names like you asked for but of course each file is only a page so CBZ support provides the correct functionality in file traversal and if implemented correctly you could even support bookmarks and continued reading support to return to the correct place.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote