Originally Posted by starrigger
I have it on my Reader now. Kudos to nrapallo.
I was browsing on Fictionwise, and saw a couple of versions of the OED in secure Mobipocket format. I was wondering if anyone had tried deDRMing that for conversion and use on their own personal devices, and if so, whether the results were satisfactory.
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel
i'd be very interested to know the results of such an attempt as well.
Thanks for finding that updated .epub so useful.
OK I've got one more extremly large dictionary that I converted almost 6 years ago for my own personal use (see below pics). You may not know about this one.
It was a 25MB OED.lit that yielded (extracted) a 70 MB .html and after adding a simple TOC produced a 55 MB .imp file. It was not useful/readable on my REB1200 hardware reader as it exhausted/max-ed out its internal memory!
It was a challenge that could not yield any acceptable results then. Maybe when my hardware reader can allow this large a .imp file, I'll revisit this dictionary.
So, it may be possible to extract that Mobipocket OED, as I did with the .lit version, though I have not attempted to do so.