View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
I have it on my Reader now. Kudos to nrapallo.

I was browsing on Fictionwise, and saw a couple of versions of the OED in secure Mobipocket format. I was wondering if anyone had tried deDRMing that for conversion and use on their own personal devices, and if so, whether the results were satisfactory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'd be very interested to know the results of such an attempt as well.

@starrigger
Thanks for finding that updated .epub so useful.

@ZP
OK I've got one more extremly large dictionary that I converted almost 6 years ago for my own personal use (see below pics). You may not know about this one.

It was a 25MB OED.lit that yielded (extracted) a 70 MB .html and after adding a simple TOC produced a 55 MB .imp file. It was not useful/readable on my REB1200 hardware reader as it exhausted/max-ed out its internal memory!

It was a challenge that could not yield any acceptable results then. Maybe when my hardware reader can allow this large a .imp file, I'll revisit this dictionary.

So, it may be possible to extract that Mobipocket OED, as I did with the .lit version, though I have not attempted to do so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OED_1.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	20319   Click image for larger version

Name:	OED_37141.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	20320  
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote