View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 07:24 PM   #97
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbino View Post
You could only read the 10 Erikson books and get the majority of the story. But in any mega series you could probably skip a book here and there and still manage to catch up. You'll just be saying "huh, I guess that happened" quite a bit. There is no way to get around reading Assail though. It's the conclusion of the story. It's even advertised as the finale of the Malazan series.

That being said, I liked Malazan enough to keep reading all the books, but I would really only recommend it to someone who goes " A 16 book series, each book 1000 pages, and a nearly incomprehensible plot without a glossary? Sold!"
Sorry, but Eriksons 10 books are in my opinion a completed series. Assail is merely the conclusion of Esslemonts stories who happened to pick up some story elements from Erikson. And I thought it is a bad conclusion and probably the worst of Esslemonts books. If you only read Erikson, you have a complete story.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote