Originally Posted by mscott161
New Version 1.1.6 - I have added to the tree values retrieved from TRow and TCel. I believe my Tabl parse is correct. I hoping for some help in the TRow and TCel parse. Also Nick if you still have REB Test Document.IMP file that when using the Create HTML from the Tools menu displays pretty good along with the Space.IMP file.
Great achievements in so little time. Nice to see the styles working and table entries getting better support and finally being able to create .html from .imp ebooks!
I've had a hard time analyzing your results and reporting my findings BEFORE I see another revision is out and must re-do my testing.
For now, I have some quick findings (hopefully before your next revision gets posted)
- Your Create HTML menu item is a great addition; but why not place it in a Save HTML button beside (or in place of ) the Save Text button.
- I've noticed that the extracted images (ID for the image type) are not always in the correct spot in the .html created. Check the first image in that Space Encyclopedia.imp against what shows up in the PC imp viewer.exe.
- Under the General tab, the Header entry for IMP device shows 'Softbook 200/250e' when it should show 'EBW1150'.
- It shows 'UnCompressed' even if the text is LZSS compressed.
- The 'SubCategory' is not displayed as a Book Properties entries even though it does show up under the Book Properties tab.
- When I click an image entry, you display the corresponding image. Consider displaying in that same section, text results that say imp_dump.pl would give for that record entry when "clicked'. No editing would be allowed; just display the info for that filetype in that section.
- Under the Book Properties tab, the Format M L, F doesn't work as it only returns one character for each. Consider changing that button to Format L, F M instead, as this "sorts" better and is more common. Ensure that multiple button clicking of Format F M L and Format L, F M properly show the Author name.
- Consider adding an About menu item with version number and your name (and possibly a link to this thread)!
If anyone has code to take HTML to BBeB format or LRF let me know. I know that are programs like makelrf but I would like to incorporate the code in the application.
The only code I myself know of to make .lrf ebooks is in python. Calibre's python source code is available for perusal as well as PDFRead's output.py which uses images instead of text. Why not feed your created .html to an external program 'html2lrf.exe" (or "html2epub.exe") using the Calibre command line support programs.
And thanks again for this program!