View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 08:47 AM   #30
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookp View Post
I need some help in finding the perfect resolution values for the Sony PRS-T3.
This device, as far as I know, doesn't support screenshots.

I created grid pictures, converted them into PDF, and tested them until I found the resolution with which the grid was displayed perfectly.
It's 738x964 and can be seen in the screenshots and PDF attachment.

As you can see, small black bars show up at the far left and right side of the display. It might be a bug of Sony's software. They appear when the vertical resolution hits 964.

PDFs created by k2pdfopt.exe with 738x964 now look way way better than for example with 768x1024. However, in contrast to the perfect grid, I still see some misalignment every now and then.

On a PC there is no such trouble.

What might be the cause?
I had issues with my kindle2 trying to stretch/scale the PDF bitmap if it had extra white space, thus destroying the 1-to-1 pixel mapping from the PDF bitmap to the e-reader display. That is why there are -pad (-p) and -mc options. -mc will mark the corners of the page with a single dark pixel to prevent auto-scaling on the e-reader, and -pad will add some extra padding around the page, which I also needed to preserve the 1-to-1 mapping on my kindle. You might experiment with these on your PRS-T3.

The black bars you are seeing almost look like a display imperfection/anomaly. E.g.. the one on the top clearly looks like it is only visible on the far right and then gradually disappears into the edge of the display.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote