View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #31
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 10.1, Nook HD+, and Windows Phone
Oh--before I forget--I had two other minor suggestions for tweaks in the Calibre GUI.

1. I tried to drop book files into the library a couple of times, not realizing it was showing the list on the device, rather than the computer. A cryptic error msg followed, which I eventually figured out. A better error msg might be: "You cannot add books directly to the reading device. You must first add them to the Calibre library." Or something to that effect.

2. Every time I start Calibre, the window is sized just a little too large, so that the bottom of the screen is hidden by my quick launch bar. I have to carefully edge it up as far as it will go, then shrink it manually. That's on Windows. My wife saw the same thing on her Mac. I don't know how such things are set, but you might want to tweak that a little.

Glad to hear about the other intended changes.

On the delete confirmation, I think the main thing is to clearly signal that the books themselves may be removed, rather just the library listing. (As, for example, itunes does when you delete a song from its library. Or rather, itunes asks which you want to do.)

Last edited by starrigger; 12-29-2008 at 09:06 PM.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote