View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 09:40 AM   #28
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
It is to weep! Are there really people who can remember what those numeric entities MEAN?

Whenever I do a search for an entity, I always specify "named" in the Google line.

I hope you will alert us when this change goes into effect, so I can stop updating the software! I'm still using WordStar 7d (more recent than Lynx, tee hee), so I'm comfortable wearing old clothes.
I used to remember a few ASCII codes that I used frequently (CHR$(27) ).
That was a FEW out of 127 (the standard set). For the rest, a cheat sheet

For Unicode, it is a cheat BINDER
What were they thinking

Add in the subtle differences of various dashes, quotes... (they can be brutal to pick out stand alone from separate cheat sheet pages. endash, minus easy peasy )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote