View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 01:05 PM   #75
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post
Boy, oh boy... I have so much to read...
There is a back-story to this, in addition to "too busy" - - - -

Buildroot's normal operation is to download source packages from the project repository of each package.

But to "fix" LuaJit I needed to maintain a modified version of the original sources.
Not to worry, Buildroot has that requirement handled (in the manual) -
You can specify a local directory as the source tree of each and any package (a source dir override).

But I discovered it was broken in the Buildroot infrastructure (at least how I wanted to use it).

That problem has been fixed and the next release of Buildroot will be around the end of this month.

- - - -

Which (**should**) get me to the point I want to reach - -
Only need to post the fairly small config files for Buildroot and with those, anyone can duplicate what I do -
and then continue in their own direction from that point.

- - - -

Oops - except for that "write to a read-only etc" handler.
That will still need some work/testing.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote