View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
jlafloridausa
jlafloridausa began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Can't access Sony e-book library

I have been following the threads associated with people having trouble accessing the Sony ebook library but so far I have not seen any fixes to the problem of why some people can't access the Sony e-book library. I have a PRS-505 and I installed the version 2.5 e-library software as I was instructed to do by Sony tech support. It didn't help. I have already spent about four hours on hold with Sony tech support tier 2 (866-385-7669). Sony tier 1 support said the problem is with the Norton internet security software that I am using and I should disable it. I went to msconfig and disabled everything that had Norton or Symantic in it. Restarted the laptop and the same spinning arrows appeared when I went to the e-book store. By the way, Norton said the problem is with the Sony site or software. This is crazy, I have an expensive e-book reader that I can't use because I can't buy any books from Sony. The Sony tech support guy told me that they have been flooded with complaints from people with the same problem. I would be interested in any fixes for this problem. I am at the point of returning the PRS-505 and getting my money back.
jlafloridausa is offline   Reply With Quote