View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 06:00 AM   #1
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Annotations Exporter

In February 2012 Yoths wrote a small tool for exporting annotations from the Sony PRS-T1 to HTML. After a few updates he disappeared from the forum and I have been unable to contact him. He did leave behind the sourcecode.

The program still does contains some bugs and I took it upon myself to try to squash those bugs. Not only that, but I also extended the program to also export annotations (and markings) from the Kobo readers that support annotations. Therefore I renamed the application from 'PRST1AnnotationExporter' to 'Annotation Exporter'.

This is the first release.

It supports:
- Highlights (text selection) for Sony PRS-Tx and Kobo
- Text annotations (text selection + typed note) for Sony PRS-Tx and Kobo
- Drawing annotations (text selection + painted note) Sony PRS-Tx only
- For ePub books, the original selected text can be expanded (e.g. to avoid the 200-characters-limit).
- Design your own export style, default and simple included

It DOES NOT support:
- Drawing annotations made by painting directly on a page (without text selection)

It still contains one bug that sometimes appears while exporting to HTML that has to do with the text expansion. I cannot fix this without a testcase. If other bugs turn up, please let me know.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotation Export_1.0_setup.zip (1.90 MB, 947 views)

Last edited by Toxaris; 07-15-2015 at 03:06 PM.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote