View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 05:55 AM   #50
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
IMHO, uploading a test file to KDP is too much of a hassle and ultimately not worth it, because as you full well know Amazon previewers aren't 100% reliable, however, a sideloaded AZK file should reflect what customers with the latest Kindle app will get.
If you're really, really curious, feel free to process the source ePub with Kindle Previewer and upload it to KDP.
Why is that a hassle, given that you'll have to do it eventually? (I understand why it might be a hassle for a commercial formatter--is that what you are?)

I finish in Sigil, upload the epub to the KDP, let it convert, and download the converted book. I don't find that a burdensome procedure at all; the thirty seconds or so it takes to convert, I spend reading the NYT headlines online (and I would of course have to go through that conversion anyhow). I then preview it in Kindle Previewer, which I find very accurate.

Basically, I don't trust Amazon not to make stealth changes in the conversion process, so that's the version I want to preview. Similarly, I buy a copy of the book as soon as it's available, to see what changes have been made in the publishing process.

To be sure, my books are simple, no media calls or like that.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote