View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 02:36 AM   #30
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
I find it VERY interesting that all of you--mostly--are all blithely ignoring the KF7-ness of K4iPad, K4Cloud, KDroid, etc. It's all well and good if you can ignore these things, but in my capacity with my peeps, I know just how many of them get KQN's about Book X or Y, just because THEY thought it was perfectly okay to ignore those dolts who are too stupid to trade in their K2's for something fancier.

And yes: I do think it's worth the effort. Is it extra time and effort? Yes. Will it bankrupt me to do it? No, so I do it. I never want a client to get a bad review because that reader didn't like the book on their K2. Or, for that matter, MY K2, which yes, I still have and still read on. Although I admit I prefer my Voyage or KW.

You guys don't see the vast arrays of KQN's out there. Superstar author gets one for two typos in a quarter-million word book. Another gets one because her "TOC" is entitled "Cast of Characters," instead of TOC, and some snotty reader reports her to Amazon--and, pay attention--the bloody book is TAKEN OFF SALE, because of it. Her book was a series of character vignettes, not sequential fiction, so she thought it would be cute to call her TOC "Cast of Characters."

I had to send a pretty terse email to Amazon about it to get the book put BACK on sale.

You guys are not realizing just how much hurt some doofus with a K2 can put on someone, just to be nasty, or superior. And I don't say that they're a doofus because they have a K2; I say it because I see this "helpful reporting" all the time. Regardless of the device it's read upon.

Just sayin'.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote