View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 04:02 PM   #15
Saxguy
Connoisseur
Saxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toysSaxguy shares his or her toys

Device: K-3, Kindle Fire HDX 7" 2013
Chaley, Darryl, Harry & eschwartz... thank you for your help.
Just back at my comp now, 7.30 Sat morning here. I will try as much as I can re all the info you have given me.
Darryl, yes as far as basics, i have had my content server running for a good few weeks now. I can see my library and download etc onto my KF okay. Yesterday, changed the port setting, and that works (thought it best for security, ie not so obvious as default if going 'live').

Oh, my router is D-link 2730B

Also, one of the things concerning me, and one reason I have hesitated in trying to set up my router with port forwarding, is that I dont want to somehow leave an open gate to hackers, and I am not confident enough to be sure about that myself. This is all new ground to me, but I am enjoying learning new skills. Got a real kick out of getting the content server up and running a while back.

I'll be checking back here periodically, as i am in the midst or renovation work at present.

Thanks again, and I really appreciate all your help. This is a great forum, great community.
Saxguy is offline   Reply With Quote