View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
zo0m12
zo0m12 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Angry Strange kindle touch - is there any advanced helper?

Hi there, i bought second hand Kindle Touch device ande after while found that there is something strange with it. It can boot and it is working but...
When i turn it on, it boots but in left top corner displays some (i think previous owners) name and kindle displays about 200 items in it. After few seconds name of kindle changes to "My Kindle" and content disappears. Now kindle looks like it is in factory default state. Then i can register it, fill with content, but when i restart it, everything is gone, and repeat the same process again. It happens after reseting device to default also.

I tried kubrick, byt it fails when it tries to enter diags, then device boots normally as every time (strange name, content, then few seconds and its clear) So i tried to enter diags by mfgtool on other pc and continue kubrick wizard but it stuck after it on jailbreak/erase step with FAILED red message.

I can enter diags only through mfgtool. Tried flashing diags and diags_kernel through fastboot, but after setvar to diags and reboot it boots again to normal user state. After accessing diags with mfgtool and starting USBnet and trying putty ssh to 192.168.15.244 i allways get connection refused. I can only ping it. I tried port scanner and it returns all ports closed including port 22. So it looks like it is not flashed with ssh diags.
Is it possible that there was made some previous owner modification which affect normal fastboot flashing? Do you know some way how to beat this kindle? It looks like it is readonly all the way.

my fw version is 5.3.7.2
zo0m12 is offline   Reply With Quote