View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #15
gaudentius
gaudentius began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Ok . . . It looks like no one's gonna do it 'cept me.

The Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer is emotionally engaging. It has another idea of what and where some of the monsters come from. Well thought out and fun. The only reason I even began reading them was because one of my cousins wouldn't shut up about it. I didn't expect to be lulled into the book, but I was. I found it hard to put down, especially the last two books. It has that whole metaphysical thing to it with a bit of science thrown in (though very little science).

If you don't really want to go the teeny bopper route, what about the Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child collaborations. Actually on second thought, I recommend these over the Meyer books. Thoroughly engaging and plenty of pseudo-science thrown in for good measure:

Mount Dragon
Riptide
Thunderhead
The Ice Limit

The above books are sort of prequels to the following books (The Pendergast Novels), though not necessary for the flow. There is just mention of them once in a while in these . . .

RELIC
Reliquary
Cabinet of Curiosities
Still Life with Crows
Brimstone - Part One of the Diogenes Trilogy
Dance of Death - Part Two of the Diogenes Trilogy
Book of the Dead - Part Three of the Diogenes Trilogy
The Wheel of Darkness

As I understand it, the above are in chronological order. I don't know if they are available in digital format because I purchased the paperback versions in used book stores except for The Wheel of Darkness.

Now for me, ALL these were hard to put down.

GD
gaudentius is offline   Reply With Quote