View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 04:41 AM   #1
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
How to prevent cover being replaced when sending book to device?

I have an epub with a PNG cover image. When I import the book into Calibre, the cover gets converted to JPG and stored in the Calibre library. Then when I send the book to my device (or save to disk), it seems that Calibre converts its JPG cover into PNG and uses that to replace the original cover in the epub.

This means there is a PNG --> JPG --> PNG conversion taking place for every book with a PNG cover, resulting in a loss of image quality.

How can I prevent Calibre replacing the original PNG cover with the JPG cover kept in the Calibre library?

Alternatively, is there a way to prevent Calibre converting the cover to JPG in the first place?
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote