View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 03:12 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
Resurrecting this old thread as I am just now getting Calibre up and running on my rebuilt PC (Win 8.1pro X64) and was dreading having to figure out all the DRM stuff I learned (and forgot) 4+ years ago. The DRM seems to be a non event this time around with a simplified plug-in from AA.

I bought a new Paperwhite 2014 late last year and have just been reading through what I've bought since plus a number of old titles that somehow came across in an incomplete collections that came from the old K3 somehow. I had trouble emailing some of my lost ebooks and had to side-load them.

My question: the Calibre welcome wizard chooses mobi as the preferred output format when the Paperwhite option is chosen. I have no idea if this is the old or new mobi format. The list of preferred output formats from the Behavior dropdown list does not show other than mobi (no old or new mobi). I know I can manually set the output to AZW3 via Preferences/Behavior. So I arbitrarily chose AZW3.

As of this posting, does it still make a difference which output format I choose? I generally prefer to email my ebooks from within Calibre vs side-loading).

Side note: since I upgraded from a K3 to the Paperwhite 2014, I am having to learn to deal with collections... which is not intuitive at this point. I need to find where collections are discussed here at MR.
AZW3 is OUT for email
I would try Mobi New
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote