View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 12:30 PM   #1
barrydrake
barrydrake began at the beginning.

Device: bookeen
Conversion strange behaviour ....

Hi there ... Any of you familiar with the Bookeen Cybook Opus e-reader? I took the plaintext from this site: https://archive.org/details/revivalofreligio00reed and made it into an odt file. After editing, I imported it into Calibre and made EPUB and PDF files from it. If I put the EPUB file onto me Bookeen, and browse to the directory into which I have copied the EPUB, the Bookeen crashes with no error message and resets continually unti I plug in to my PC and remove the EPUB. If I put the PDF there, it works just fine - up to page 26 - after which all pages show as blank. Both formats read OK in the Book Reader that comes with Calibre, and using Adobe Digital Editions. The Bookeen uses Adobe software which normally works just fine.

My PC is running Linux (Mint and Ubuntu), but I am running Window ADE under wine.

I can read the PDF that I downloaded from the site all the way through, but this is based on the page scans, and not on OCRd text. I don't know enought about the EPUB format to make sense of it, but if I unzip the EPUB file I have created, it is different from most. It has no OEBPS directory, and instead puts the html files (not xtml) and the cover image in the root directory. Does this give any clues? Kind regards, Barry.
barrydrake is offline   Reply With Quote