View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
alexxx
Connoisseur
alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Alex, are you familiar with http://www.abdn.ac.uk/bestiary/index.hti

It's some beautiful images of illuminated manuscripts. Enjoy!
thank you, I did not know it and found it fascinating...
(a favorite book of mine in the past was "Manual de zoologia fantastica" by Borges)

To tell the truth, I used the word "illuminated" in a somewhat extended way. I was not thinking about medieval illuminated manuscripts, rather a contemporary extension of the meaning: how a book could gain by adding to its text figures, maps, photographs (I print in B&W), original drawings ... ? It's some kind of Book Art project!

And I'd like to hear about your suggestions, to find new ideas...

alessandro
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote