View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 12:16 PM   #21717
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Last evening I finished reading No Game for a Dame! It was an excellent noir mystery novel and very reminiscent of Sara Paretsky's V.I. Warshawski but doing the noir genre one better by setting the story in the 1930s. Loved it!!

I just borrowed my monthly free selection for February from the Lending Library. I chose The Crazy Mixed-Up Corpse (Ed Noon #8) by Michael Avallone!
Before this past weekend I finished reading The Crazy Mixed-Up Corpse (it was as enjoyable and entertaining a read as have been all the previous Ed Noon Mysteries that I've read)!

I recently experienced a BBC/PBS/Masterpiece mini-series called Death comes to Pemberly and was impressed with it despite my slight lack of agreement with some of the casting! Found out it was a P.D. James mystery and went for the novel (Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James). I'm reading it now and so far I'm really enjoying the experience.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote