View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #1
gylman
gylman began at the beginning.

Device: iPAQ HX4700
confused about DRM

Hi.

I got my 505 today after eyeing this for quite a while. I've been lurking around here for a bit, and made up my mind finally

I have read PDFs on other handheld devices, and I have to say I am not totally blown away by the PDF reading on this device. Acrobat Reader works significantly better on my PocketPC device.

However, the screen size is nicer of course, and it feels good in the hand, so I really want to give this reader a shot.

After making sure it all worked on the usual files that I read, I tried to put the manual on the 505 so that I could read it at my leisure. But I get a "protected page" warning on it. Looking at Info, it appears that it is "digital rights protected."

So, sorry for being so dense, how do I "unprotect it" so I can read this darn file?

BTW, I have no trouble reading the file on my PC.... I must be missing something simple.

Another thing I ran into was that for some, not all, of my books, there was a large amount of whitespace left at the right margin, which did not change no matter how I changed my font size.

It is apparent that I should be looking at transcoding all my PDFs.... is that what most people do?

Thanks for any help.
Cheers.
gylman is offline   Reply With Quote